CONTENT WARNING: MENTIONS OF PEDOPHILIA, CHILD MURDER
In every generation, there is a chosen one. No, shit. Wrong show. What am I supposed to do, now? I guess I’ll just have to recap every episode Angel with an eye to the following themes:
- Angel is still a dick.
- Cordelia is smarter than everyone.
- Sex is still evil.
- Sunlight isn’t nearly as dangerous as it was in Sunnydale…
- …but its danger is certainly inconsistent.
- Vampire/demon rules aren’t consistent with the Buffyverse.
- Xenophobia and cultural stereotypes abound.
- Women are disposable and unrealistic.
- Vampires still @#$%ing breathe.
- Some of this stuff is still homophobic as fuck.
- Blondes, blondes everywhere
- A lot of this shit is really misogynistic.
The Big Damn Angel Damsel In Distress Counter: 7
Have I missed any that were added in past recaps? Let me know in the comments. Even though I might forget that you mentioned it.
WARNING: Just like with the Buffy recaps, I’ve seen (most) of this series already, so I’ll probably mention things that happen in later seasons. So a blanket spoiler warning is in effect.