Hey everybody! I will be MIA from the cyberbullying and mob of haters for a few days because I’m going to beautiful Mackinac Island tomorrow and I’m not coming back until Friday. But I’ll leave you this tweet. Follow it for a very long thread recapping the bizarre and infuriating video Faleena Hopkins made on Facebook Live in the middle of the night.
- We’re mad because we’re jealous of her fame and success
- Bring on the hate. She can take it.
- But she has to have someone else read the mean comments so she can protect herself
- She isn’t hurting the authors she’s sent takedown notices to, their readers are hurting them by attacking her
- Also, you can’t attack her because in doing so you’re calling autistic people stupid
- Oh, and she’s a descendant of a slave so you really can’t attack her
- (But apparently, most of the authors she’s targeted with takedowns are black)
- Authors whose books have been removed or retitled are pretending to be victims for attention
- “You know who you are.”
The first tweet in the thread is below, go check it out if your morbid curiosity leads you there.
Because there’s never been a cringefest I could walk away from, and because I’ve got some friends here and on FB who’ve been blocked by #ByeFaleena and can’t see her video, I’m gonna grab some coffee, watch, and live tweet. I am unsettled.
— 🏳️🌈Jenny “suck this cocky” Trout (@Jenny_Trout) May 8, 2018
Also, there’s been a huge surge in traffic to the site (it was actually down for a while yesterday), so if you’re putting your eyes on this stuff and liking it and you feel like tossing a buck my way, there’s a “buy me a coffee” button to the right of this post.